Friday, February 22, 2008

This day...


...has been a day of too many plates spinning in the air like fragile, mocking whirling dervishes.

...has been a day of too few emails, texts, returned calls, rays of hope; and too many broken dreams, sighs, regrets and an immeasurably deep sense of loss.

...has been a day when those who want my friendship are those to whom I am feeling slow to give it, while those I would turn to are not around to stop me falling, and those I have freely given the tenderness of my proffered love have spurned it and turned from me in anger.

This has been a day to end the week, a day to put away inside my box of sighs.

4 comments:

Electro-Kevin said...

It gets better ... and then it gets worse ... and then better again ... and sometimes worse ...

You're doing the very best that you can and your very best is quite obviously very good indeed.

"It's just a ride, it's just a ride no need to run no need to hide ..."

(A great song for times like this)

;-)

Electro-Kevin said...

Like my new inset ?

Isn't it chavtastic ???

Trubes said...

Be strong Merms;
Things will get better, in time, believe me. I`ve had 'rock bottom' moments in my life then, suddenly, whoooo, there`s a big bright 'ray of sunshine' shining down upon you.

Remember;
When the Lord closes the door, he surely opens a window!!!

Di. xx

Barnsley Bill said...

The spinning plates comment sums up my life perfectly. My age is the answer to everything (42) but I still struggle to distinguish poo from clay.