Sunday, April 13, 2008

Oh Such a Perfect Day, Saturday.

Yesterday was our Darling, lovely Grandaughter's Birthday, She was two. Her name is Olivia Grace but we call her 'Livy'.
She's an absolute 'poppet' with a shock of blonde curls, tumbling down to her little shoulders, she has the brightest blue eyes, ever!
Six little people were present and two larger boys. We played Pass the Parcel and Pin the Donkey's Tail on. Unfortunately, one of the larger boy's thought it was a great hoot, to peek through his mask and deliberately pin the tail where a Boy Donkey should have his 'appendage'.
After I pointed out, to the culprit, the game was Pin The Donkey's Tail On, not Pin The Donkey's Willie On, he lost interest and ate nearly all of the Postman Pat Cakes, that I had lovingly made. Little horror, I hope he was sick when he got home.

Beware the curse of Trubes, Mister!

However, a grand time was had by all and Olivia went to bed Happy and singing 'Wind the Bobbin in'.

It was, such a Perfect Day ...Family ...Friends Neighbours, sharing tales, playing with the chidren and celebrating a very 'Special Little Lady's second birthday.

Magic !

9 comments:

Electro-Kevin said...

Hung like a donkey ?

The tail is easily confused I can assure you.

Daisy said...

That sounds truly lovely Di...i am so glad you had such a nice day...i'm sure Olivia will remember it for years to come and think fondly on her grandmother who so lovingly made a beautiful day for her...

lilith said...

Oh, how lush. Bless her little sweetness!

The Old Tarf said...

It sounds just like Heaven on Earth.

Hope the Baileys turned out. Have a few for us.

Don

Trubes said...

Hi EK.
I bet that is just the sort of thing you would have done when you werea boy. it took a lot of self-control not to laugh.
Fortunately the 'little ones' were oblivious to the pranks.

Trubes said...

Hi Daisy.
It was a lovely day. There was a little sad part of the day and I.ve posted about it on my Trubes Site today.
Olivia is such an amusing little girl, so bright. I think she's destined for great things, when she grows up.
I am so lucky to have such a wonderful Family. Even on the worst of days they always manage to lift my spirits.
I think that I read that you have a 24 year old son?
Who knows, he may present you with some Grandchildren one day.
I do hope so !

Hope you are well and not working too hard.

Di.xx

Trubes said...

Hello Lilith;
She is lovely and an absolute scream too. She Takes after her Mum and Dad, they are a pair of 'wits', and usually have us all rollng around laughing, at their repartee.
Great day though, apart from just a little tinge of sadness that, I have just mentioned to Kevin.

Di.xx

Trubes said...

Oops Lilith. I meant to say mentioned to 'Daisy' not Kevin

Trubes said...

Hi OT.
Havn't done the Baileys yet, need a visit to the Liquor Store to get the Whisky.
I used to love Canadian Club Whisky, I'd love to try one again, but am avoiding spirits, at present, whilst taking all my medication. Lord knows I am crazy enough !
I've posted something on my Trubes Site that I feel you may empathise with. Particularly the Canadian Connection.